Integration Projects at Swiss Vocational Colleges
Personal dedication overcomes barriers
The Hirschmann Foundation, with its project, aims to strengthen the positive currents.
The project’s goal is to overcome cultural barriers, in daily common life, overcoming prejudices as well as linguistic and mental barriers. The Foundation provides the financial means for student-teacher-projects and student-projects.
- the organization of group activities such as athletic competitions, theatrical or musical events
- the production of video recordings and school newsletters
- cooperative internet projects (interesting website for vocational students)
- shared environmental projects (e.g. cleaning of brooks, rebuilding of dry-stacked stone walls, maintenance of footpaths)
- participation in workshops on cultural customs
- organization of social events such as excursions for the elderly or disabled persons
- organization of a soup kitchen, etc).
- Such projects may be funded up to approximately CHF 20,000 for each project. The Foundation will contribute about CHF 300,000 yearly.
PartnerPartner of the Hirschmann Foundation is the Swiss conference of vocational school directors (SDK-CSD).
2008 - 2017 in cooperation with Swissuniversities, Kammer Fachhochschulen
2008 - 2016 in cooperation with the Swiss Conference of Vocational School Directors (SDK - CSD)
2012 - 2017 in cooperation with Swiss Youth Music Contest Foundation
2013 - 2018 in cooperation with Die Chance - Foundation for Professional Practice in Eastern Switzerland and Verein Lernwerk
2010 - 2017 in cooperation with Swisscontact
2014 - 2017 in cooperation with ETH Zürich, Konjunkturforschungsstelle KOF
2014 - 2017 in cooperation with Gehirn- und Trauma-Stiftung Chur and Universitätsspital Zürich
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with the association foraus
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with the Henry Doubleday Research Association / Garden Organic
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with Paul Scherrer Institute PSI and novatlantis ¦ Sustainability in the ETH Domain
of the hirschmann foundation